Pink Fire Pointer Remembering Daddy

Remembering Daddy

We have not forgotten you, Daddy, and we never will. We know your love has carried us through this past year. In the beginning, we never thought it would have gone on this long and every day was a day of hope that we would find you but God had other plans for you and for us. We've come to the place where we have accepted that truth and we've had to move on and live our lives, but we never live one
moment of any day without you in our hearts and in our thoughts. You live on in our memories of you and all the happy times and how you always made us laugh. You were a great dad, uncle, brother, friend, etc. You taught me to be kind to those in need and always reach out to help anyone I can. You lived a hard life, but the struggles you faced never made you bitter or cold; it only caused you to extend even more love and compassion to others and to truly give of yourself. I hope that when you left this world, Uncle Pat, Uncle Ray, Junior, Granny and Poppop were all there to greet you and that now, you can hike any mountain and fish in any stream or river you want to. In my mind, that's how I will always remember you. I will never forget your hugs and how it felt to have your arms wrapped around me. I will never forget your laugh or your smile. I'll never forget how mad you'd get when I was screwing up. (lol) I'll never the way you walked or how your face would light up every time you held a child in your arms. I'll never forget the way you always protected me and stood up for me and never let anyone hurt me. I'll never forget how special you made me feel to be YOUR little girl and how proud you were to be my dad. I miss you, Daddy...and it hurts like hell...but I know that you would want me to be happy and to take care of your grandchildren and watch over those you love so much, so that's what I've been doing. I will carry your love with me for the rest of my life and I will share all of your goodness with everyone I meet. Thank you for being everything I could ever ask for in a dad...and more. Thank you for teaching me to be strong and not letting the circumstances of life knock me down. Thank you for always loving Mom...even through the toughest times of hurt and pain and disappointment. Thank you for being an example to me that it is possible to love the ones who cause you the most pain and that pain is only a part of life and it's put there to grow you. Thank you for helping me find myself and my true purpose for being here. Thank you for loving me and giving of yourself to make sure I was always happy. Thank you for teaching me to love the simple things in life and to appreciate what truly matters. Thank you for giving me life so that I could experience this world...the 'good' and the 'bad'...laughter and tears...joy and sadness. I'm grateful to have had you for the 39 years I did and although the questions are still there, they have quieted their voices and I am able to appreciate all that you left behind for me. I'm grateful I could give you a grandson who carries your legacy and your love for nature and the simple things in life. I'm grateful I could give you a granddaughter who carries your silliness and ability to always make us laugh. You live on in all of us, Daddy, and I 'see' you every day. We love you enough that we are letting go of the sadness and embracing the goodness you left here for us and even if I never know where you went or what happened to you, I can move on with peace in my heart knowing that a part of you will always be with us. ♥ ♥ ♥